Monday, March 12, 2012

(Little) Obsessions

Hey there!  I just wanted to do a quick post, so that I'm not too MIA.  I was sick with the stomach flu or some kind of food poisoning last week, and I'm finally better.  It was kind of crazy, because I actually decided to suck it up (no pun intended) and went to class the first day I was sick.  It was not a good idea.  After the bell rang, I ran to the bathroom and then stood around waiting for people to leave in order to avoid horrifying the primping occupants with my retching.  I'm so glad that is over.

I don't have a nail post ready yet, so instead I'm going to share with you some of my current obsessions.  Little is in parenthesis because that part is questionable.

Obsession #1: Lipstick and two toned lips!
I've never really worn much lipstick, but now I wear them all the time.  This is mostly linked with my current love of the Revlon Lip Butters.  In terms of make up I'm really into neutral looks and soft pink lips, but now I love wearing vibrant lip colors.  Related to my new lipstick love is the two toned lip look.  The above image is a promo pic from MAC's Too Supreme line, and I love the pink orange lips.  I found this really nice tutorial for a similar look that I want to try sometime: How to Creat Sunburst Lips- Like a Boss.


Obsession #2: Floral Backpacks
How cute is this backpack from Urban Outfitters?  (P.S. You can click the picture to visit the product link.)  This one is $69.00, however, which is way more than what I'm willing to spend on a backpack.  So when I saw that Target is selling one that looks almost exactly like the one above for $30, my eyes became very very round.  Sorry I don't have a pic of the Target one, but it's a Target by Mossimo Floral Backpack.  There's a cream one and a sort of minty one.  You can see them at end of these two Youtube videos if you're curious: Cream Floral and Mint Floral.  I really really really hope I can find these, or I will be so sad.  I can't decide if I want the cream one or the mint one.  Hm...

Obsession #3: DIY Bracelets
I love the stacked bracelet trend, and what better way to follow this trend then by making your own to stack?  I especially love these DIY Braided Bead Bracelets and intend to make a bunch in different colors over spring break.  I'm also in love with these as well: DIY Braided Hex Nut Bracelet & DIY Wrap Bracelet.  Who knew you could make such a nice bracelet out of a bunch of nuts?


I don't want to bore you, so I'll end it here.  Those are pretty much my top three non nail polish related obsessions right now.  Do have any obsessions besides nail polish?  Let me know!  I'd love to hear about it. :D


Liz


P.S.  How do you like the new blog look?  I think it looks cleaner. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Silvianavarromurcia87March 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

    so cute post!!!
    perfect than usual!
    xoxo =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...Luv those bracelets! Gorgeous Blog Luv...Following! Thank you so much for following mine! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)