Friday, April 5, 2013

Super Bling Mani with Born Pretty Store Products


Happy Friday!  I'm so happy it's sunny most of the time now.  Which is perfect because today's mani looks much better in the sun. ^^


I think my stamping is getting better, although the middle nail didn't turn out as well.  Here's what I used to get this look. :)


This is the stamping plate I used for the "Louis Vuitton" pattern on my nails.  I can't wait to try out the UK flag design next.  Like the other BPS plates I've used, the designs were all big and etched deep enough.  Love this one!


On my ring finger, I used these small SS5 clear Swarovski crystals.  I poured them into the little triangle plate that came with a pencil as a set.  This tray is perfect for keeping all your caviar beads and rhinestones from rolling away.  The triangle point is also ideal for pouring leftover beads back into a bag or wheel.  There was also glue included in the set, but it's industrial glue so it's definitely not for nails!  If you plan on using the crystals to decorate your phone, then the glue would come in handy.


Okay, cool thing about the pencil!  It's a wax pencil that you can use to pick up rhinestones.  Gone are the days of toothpicks and clear goopy polish.  It comes unsharpened, so you do have to sharpen it.  Once it's sharpened, all you have to do is gently press the wax point onto your rhinestone/crystal, etc.  The pencil will easily pick it up.  If you change your mind, just tap the rhinestone back into the tray.  So simple!  Very pleased with this one.

Oh and a tip.  If your pencil doesn't pick up right away, I recommend rubbing the end against a piece of paper.  After I did this, I was able to pick up each crystal without fail.


And the finished product!  This is in the light box, so you can see the stamping better.  Aren't the crystals so pretty?  They're really reflective and clear, so you don't have to worry about top coat dulling them.  The size is perfect for nail art as well.


Here it is back in the sunlight.  I've always wanted to do stamping with holographic polishes.  Hehe. :)


You can find all of the products I mentioned at Born Pretty Store:

UK Flag Design Heart Nail Art Stamp Template-QA39 (ad) - $1.99
144 Swarovski flatback SS5 Clear Crystal 2058 Nail Art (ad) - $7.27
Easily Picking Up Rhinestone Picker Wax Pen/ Glue/ Palette Kit (ad) - $4.17

Don't forget to use my code F10X31 for 10% off! :)


Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)