Friday, August 8, 2014

[Review+Swatch] OPI Ford Mustang Collection



Hi everyone! I have a quick review of OPI's limited edition Ford Mustang collection for you today. :)


Angel With A Leadfoot, 3 coats: white creme. It's your standard white creme polish. Application was easy, and it wasn't too streaky going on, which is common in stark whites. It's nice for a white, but doesn't particularly stand out among my other whites.



50 Years of Style, 2 coats: light gold chrome. I found it's best applied in thin coats. It does show brush strokes, but as long as you swipe your last coat straight down the nail, it shouldn't be too noticeable.



Girls Love Ponies, 2 coats: bright pink creme. Nothing extraordinary, but I still like it. It feels similar to Milani Hot Pink Rage, although I haven't compared them on the nail. Application-wise, it was a breeze and showed decent opacity at just one coat. I still recommend doing 2 coats though for full opacity.



Race Red, 2 coats: red-orange creme. Definitely not a red, at least not on me. It looks red-orange in the bottle and on my nails as well. Consistency and pigmentation were both great.



The Sky's My Limit, 2 coats: metallic blue with strong gold shimmer flecks. The sunlight pics don't show it too well, but this one leans teal where the light hits it because of the gold shimmer. Very pretty and reminds me of a blue Zoya Charla. Charla's more teal in comparison. Great consistency and pigmentation.


Extra shade shot so you can see the shimmer.

Queen of the Road, 3 coats: black with very fine silver shimmer. Kind of frosty, but I surprisingly like it. The silver shimmer sparkles with some orange if you look closely, but it's predominantly silver. I like this one more than I thought I would. I thought it looked good in 2 coats, but I did a third just in case.


Verdict: The colors aren't overly unique, but it's a nice collection with decent formulas across the board. If you get one color from this collection, definitely spring for The Sky's My Limit - it's gorgeous!

Availability: OPI is available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)