Sunday, October 19, 2014

[Review+Swatch] CND Vinylux Daring Escape & Purple Purple


Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday. Today I have two CND Vinylux shades to share with you. Enails.eu recently reached out to me and asked if I'd like to review this line. I've never tried CND polishes before, so I was excited to finally give them a whirl. :)

The Vinylux line is labeled as a weekly polish and is meant to last a week without the use of a base coat. The line also offers a top coat that activates in natural light. I think it's similar to Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, but I can't give you a direct comparison since I don't own the Vinylux top coat.

All swatches are shown with Seche Vite top coat and no base coat.


Daring Escape, 2 coats: dusty blue-teal with strong silver shimmer. This one had an interesting formula. It's thick in the way it clings to the brush; however, it applies like a medium-thin polish. So you need to brush off all the excess clinging to the brush, but on the nail it feels smooth and applies easily. I had no problems with application itself - just wanted to note the unique formula. I think the silver shimmer makes this color interesting and adds a bit more depth.



Purple Purple, 3 coats: purple base with strong, fine blue shimmer. This combination makes the polish look blurple in most lightings. The formula was excellent - medium consistency that glides on easily. The pigmentation is pretty good as well. You can get away with two coats, but I found that a third coat will eliminate brushstrokes and deepen the color. The shimmer becomes more rich and intense as well. Absolutely gorgeous!



I loved this one so much, that I wore it as a mani! I dressed it up with some simple stamping and a bow charm. I used MoYou London Kaleidoscope 09 in case you're wondering. ^^ I didn't do a wear test since I don't own the Vinylux top coat, but this mani was chip-free 3 days later with Seche Vite. I'm not particularly rough on my nails, but nail polish doesn't last very long on me without base coat.

Verdict: Both polishes applied flawlessly and had excellent pigmentation/coverage. The colors I tested were also unique and beautiful. Purple Purple in particular has stolen my heart.

Availability: You can purchase Daring Escape (here) and Purple Purple (here) at enails.eu for 12.99€ each. Enails.eu is one of the few online stores that offer CND Vinylux worldwide, so be sure to take a look. They offer a wide selection of colors including the latest collections.


Have you tried any of the Vinylux colors? Let me know your thoughts below! ^^

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)